PurposeWP services are intended specifically for nonprofits, social enterprises, churches, causes, associations, and other organizations that contribute to the social good.
This policy was last updated August 13, 2018.
- our websites including, but not limited to purposewp.com, launchforgood.com, launchforgood.net, impactfortworth.com, pressmedic.com, wpadmindashboard.com, givingmap.org, wpngo.org, pwp.fyi;
- our products and services that are available on or through our websites including, but not limited to PurposeWP design and development services, PurposeWP website care, Launch for Good plans and setup services, Impact Fort Worth memberships and services, PressMedic care plans and services, Hide Gravity Form Labels, BB Connect; and
- other products and services that use our Services, while you are logged in to your account with us (collectively, the “Services”).
Information We Collect
We collect information in several ways: information you provide, information collected automatically, information collected by our users, and information from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
In order for you to use our Services, we will ask you for some of your personal data. The amount and type of information depends on the nature of the interaction. Here are some examples:
- Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account (e.g. contact information, name, etc.).
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a PurposeWP account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile, such as a photo or an “About Me” description. Your public profile information is publicly available when posting a comment on our blog, for example.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us (e.g. custom design or development services, hosting, a PurposeWP website care plan, a Launch for Good website, or an Impact Fort Worth membership) you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card or other billing information, and contact information.
- E-commerce Site Information: If you use our e-commerce Services to accept donations, sell products, or services to others through your site (including Launch for Good sites), you may provide us with information about your financial account to set up a payments integration, such as the email address or API keys for your Stripe or PayPal account or your bank account information.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in your content (such as for your website). For example, if you write a blog post that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly.
- Credentials: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your website in order to configure site features during website setup, or to allow us to troubleshoot problems on your site more quickly.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or post a question about your site via social media.
In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us. You can always refuse to supply personal data; however, doing so may prevent you from receiving our Services or engaging in other activities on the Site. In no event will we ever request sensitive personal data (e.g. health information, religious preferences, etc.) from you, and we expressly request that you not provide any such sensitive personal data to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your usage of our Services, in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., [Username] deleted “[title of post]” at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches, features enabled for your website, and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, the name of a cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP
address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
We use analytical software to help us understand this information. This software sends information to its licensor. Other sites and companies may also use this software. As a result, the licensor may collect information that, when aggregated by them, allows them to identify you individually. We have no responsibility for this collection and use.
- Interactions with Other Users’ Sites: If you have a Launch for Good website, we may collect some information about your interactions with other users’ sites while you are logged in to your Launch for Good account, such as your “Likes” or the fact that you commented on a particular post.
Information Collected by Our Customers
Our customers may collect personal data in connection with the Services we provide to them. Our customers control the personal data they collect, and PurposeWP will not use or disclose that personal data except as authorized or directed by the customer in the course of our provision of the Services. If your personal data is controlled by one of our customers and you have concerns about the way that data is managed, please contact that customer directly.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you connect your Launch for Good website or account to a social media service (like Twitter), we may receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and the options that are available.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services (e.g., to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, or charge you for any of our paid Services);
- To further develop and improve our Services (e.g., by adding new features that we think our users will
enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently);
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of PurposeWP and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by PurposeWP and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on PurposeWP and our products; and
- To personalize your experience while using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account, for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information, for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of PurposeWP, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Other Site Owners: If you have a Launch for Good account and leave a comment on a site that uses our Services (e.g. another Launch for Good user’s website), your IP address and the email address associated with your Launch for Good account may be shared with the administrator(s) of the site where you left the comment.
- Published Support Requests: If you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information including, but not limited to your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on your website, and your “Likes” and comments on other websites that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly.
For example, the photo that you upload to your public profile, along with other public profile information, will display with the comments and “Likes” that you make on other Launch for Good users’ websites while logged in to your Launch for Good account.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
If you fill out one of our contact forms, your data is stored in our website database, our Slack channel, and Gmail.com indefinitely. Additionally, this information is stored in our website backups in Amazon Web Services S3 storage for no longer than 90 days.
If you opt-in to our mailing list, your data is stored at MailChimp.com indefinitely, or until that data is determined to be no longer valid or necessary for us to contact you in accordance with our mailing list procedures.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we use generally accepted security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you can contact us at [email protected].
To deactivate your account, please contact us at [email protected]sewp.com.
We will respond to your request for access or to modify or deactivate your information within thirty (30) days.
You may opt-out of receiving most e-mails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mails. Alternatively, you may contact us as described herein. If you are our customer, you may not be able to opt out of all emails, including certain administrative or billing communications which are important to the ongoing maintenance of your account.
Note that when your Personal Information is reasonably necessary for us to provide you services, or for the operation of our network, the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information is required and you cannot opt-out or delete the information without terminating your services.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third Party Software
If you use third-party plugins, extensions that enable services provided by third-parties, or other third-party software, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself (or your site visitors) to those third-parties. We don’t own or control these third-parties and they have their own rules about the collection, use, and sharing of information, which you should review.
Visitors to Our Users’ Websites
How to Reach Us
If you have a question regarding this policy, or you would like to discuss any of our policies, please contact us.